Friday, July 1, 2011

Times to Treasure

I would like to start my post off with a stocker picture of He Is We!!


Sometimes you just fall upon a great day! Recently I have been entering contests on my995fm.com and recently I won two contests. The first contest was a free 1-hr massage at Massage Envy. The second one was free tickets to an acoustic show with my favorite band "He Is We" and with "Andrew Allen". It was sweet. A few days before I won those tickets, I won a ticket to their concert later that night, because Bianca and my first dance was to "All About Us" by He Is We.
Maceys fed us yummy food!

Andrew Allen at My99.5

He Is We at My99.5

The reason I called this post "Times to Treasure" is because at the acoustic concert Bianca and I got to meet Trevor and Rachel from He Is We along with Andrew Allen. I used to have a dream, far before I met Bianca, that I would get a picture with Rachel kissing my cheek. Well I got a picture with Bianca, Trevor, and Rachel, but decided I no longer need that kiss. It was so cool to meet the band that has had such a positive influence in my life.
Hangin out with Andrew Allen

Also with Rachel and Trevor!

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE TYPES OF OPPORTUNITIES!!

The reason I say that is that a few years ago Bianca went to a concert of this girl named Taylor Swift, Maybe you have heard of her. At that time no one really had heard of her. Bianca had the chance to meet this girl and didn't. To this day it is one of her biggest regrets, so if you ever get the chance to meet your heroes, or a band that you love....take advantage of it. My philosophy is to try and become someone they know or recognize.

Any way to finish my story...we were at the acoustic gig and won a raffle for two tickets for that nights show. We decided that since we had tickets already that we would have Trevor and Rachel sign them.
I just won two free tickets!

Jump forward a few hours, after we got out of the Salt Lake Temple. We were at the will call/guest list window, when I found out that I actually had won two tickets for the Facebook contest, and so now we had three tickets plus the two we had signed. My first thought was to sell the one extra ticket, so we did for $10. That was dumb because we could have got much more for it, but I was too nice.
Ya, I was on the guest list.

Next thing we know is that the show is sold out and a bunch of little middle schoolers can't get in and have money with them to buy tickets. Bianca and I were thinkers and went back to the truck and got the two signed tickets. We made a deal that we would sell them, but once they got into the concert then we would want them back, so we sold them for $50 bucks!!

The concert was rockin and both Andrew Allen and He Is We were sweet music to my ears. The drummer for He Is We pulled out is Cajon again ( a Cajon is a wood box that can act as a drum). It was sweet and I went home and bought one for my birthday. It was such a good day.
1. I got to spend all day with my wife
2. I got to go to the temple
3. I got to meet my favorite band
4. I got a picture with them and their autographs
5. We made $60 dollars so both Bianca and I got shirts
6. We were their with friends. (Abbie & Preston, Abbie's brother Jaxson & his girlfriend, Bianca's friend Lindsay & Tyson)
7. We ate at Crown Burger!
8. I found a new artist to love ( Andrew Allen)
9. I realized how much I love playing music again
10. I loved every minute of my day!!


To cap the night off we saw this!!


No comments:

Post a Comment